Monday, March 14, 2016

Blake's Story



One of our amazing clients, Blake Johnson, is an inspiration to all of us.  Here is what he has to say about his experience at ISP:

"I would like to take a moment to thank Amy Dixon at Inner Strength Pilates for taking the time to work with me over the past few months. I was injured last February leaving me paralyzed the chest down. I've tried a lot of different therapies, all of which has been a new experience. Since dealing with Amy at Inner Strength Pilates studio, I've learned to be more in touch with parts of my body. While I still can't move from the chest down, I feel there is definitely energy moving throughout my body. Amy has taught me how to focus, and to see that energy moving through my arms and legs. It is very important for me to keep that memory going through my body for any future improvements. The equipment Amy has, has helped me focus more on ranges of motion, and motor skills while taking the weight or removing gravity from my arms while I work. Amy has also worked extensively with my shoulder which has been in pain for quite some time. I'm in pain from tightness of some of the muscles that aren't being used anymore and Amy takes time to work that out and I feel better every time I leave her studio. I've never taken time to try Pilates in the past but I'm very thankful that Amy has agreed to work with me and show me some things that I've been missing. I can see how Pilates would be helpful for anyone regardless of their health. So once again thank you Amy Dixon and for everyone at inner strength Pilates for allowing me to come into your studio and work. Pilates is definitely a tool for your over all well-being."

We are honored to support Blake Johnson and invite you to learn more about how you can help.   Follow Blake's journey on his Facebook page, Blake is Unstoppable.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment